December 01, 2022
It's almost time for a winter break!
We hope that the break is a time for rest, reflection, hobbies, personal projects, catching up with friends and family - and maybe a J-Term course or academic/professional projects sprinkled in.
Before final exams wrap up, our team wants you to know about our winter break office hours (we're open!), ideas for career-related activities you can participate in over the break, and early spring career events so you can save the dates now.
September 26, 2022
Whenever our career advisors meet with 1st and 2nd Years, students often want to know if employers hire 1st and 2nd Years as interns (and if not, how do other Engineers spend their summers). Let's review several summer programs designed specifically for you, along with additional ideas for how to spend your summers.
September 12, 2022
The annual Virtual Engineering Career Fair is just around the corner! We’ve created this guide to help you prep for and navigate the event.
First, complete these 5 key steps BEFORE the fair:
- Review and sign the annual Recruiting Policy Agreement. You’ll learn about important policies for participating in events with employers.
- Update your Handshake profile to be visible to Employers. This will allow you to register for 1:1 chats with employers. PLUS, employers will have an opportunity to search student profiles and reach out to YOU first.
- Register for the Career Fair before the event.
- Once registered, review the list of employers participating in the fair. Build a schedule in advance of the fair by signing up for 1:1 and group sessions of interest.
- Make a plan for how you want to spend the 10 minutes you’d have to chat with a company rep during scheduled 1:1 conversations.
August 23, 2022
Every year our team hosts several career fairs, beginning with an annual Engineering-focused fair in September! Learn how to prep like a pro for any career fair with these 5 action steps.
August 03, 2022
Welcome to Fall 2022! The Center for Engineering Career Development team has been busy preparing a slate of career fairs, workshops, and events to help Engineering students explore career pathways, connect with employers and alumni, and access career-related internships, research and graduate school opportunities, and full-time jobs.
August 03, 2022
We hope you're having a great summer break and are looking forward to a new academic year starting in just a few weeks!
If you're planning on searching for a Summer 2023 internship or post-grad full-time job, the fall semester is a perfect time to start your search.
- Carve out 10-15 minutes in your day to review the early fall career-related events below.
- Save the date! Add events of interest to your calendar now.
- If registration is open for an event already, register today.
- Look for future emails from our team as we share more details about each event.
June 02, 2022
We probably all need a soul cleansing break this summer and we hope your first priority is your mental and physical health! We also want to help relieve the stress of worrying about what to do over the summer so we’ve put together a guide with info on the many different ways you can spend your summer and have something for your resume too.
March 15, 2022
In celebration of Women’s History Month, we’re highlighting resources, events, and connections for Women Engineers!
February 15, 2022
In celebration of Black History Month, we’re highlighting resources, events, and connections for Black Engineers! Read on to find out about annual Black conferences and conventions, how to connect with the Black community, various job boards, and more. We hope you’ll find these resources valuable in your career exploration and join us in observing Black History Month.
February 03, 2022
Many students spend hours preparing for and navigating the career fair...but what do you do AFTER the fair is over? It's time to follow up with company reps and take action.