The Office of Advancement supports UVA Engineering’s mission, vision and strategic priorities with alumni, students, faculty, corporate and foundation partners and friends through philanthropic and engagement opportunities.
The Advancement team is an integral part of the leadership of the School of Engineering, collaborating with the faculty, staff and students to build support for world-class research and education programs. The School is proud of its devoted and diverse group of supporters, including students, parents, alumni, faculty, staff, and corporations and foundations. UVA Engineering works to engage these partners and supporters in a variety of meaningful ways, including:
- Fundraising for undergraduate scholarships, graduate fellowships and professorships
- Hosting alumni and donor events on Grounds and across the country
- Engaging alumni, parents and friends as guest lecturers, mentors and volunteer leaders
- Keeping alumni, parents and friends informed about UVA Engineering news
- Partnering with the UVA Engineering Foundation Board of Trustees, faculty and staff to advance the vision and mission of the School
University of Virginia Engineering Foundation
The Office of Advancement also serves as a liaison for the University of Virginia Engineering Foundation, which began as the brainchild of five alumni in 1948 "to assist the engineering faculty in maintaining a high type of student body and an up-to-date curriculum and to keep the school informed as to alumni endeavors and achievements."
The foundation was established as an independent, tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) organization in 1953, with a board of directors and a refined mission "to aid and promote, by financial assistance and otherwise, all types of engineering education at the University of Virginia School of Engineering."
Today the UVA Engineering Foundation is managed by a 35-member Board of Trustees who manage the School's endowment and provide strategic counsel to the Dean and leadership team.