Before You Arrive
- Review your admissions checklist in Slate and be sure all official test scores and transcripts have been received.
- Transcripts can be mailed to:
ATTN: Graduate School of Engineering & Applied Science Admissions
1001 Emmet Street North
Charlottesville, VA 22903
- Activate your UVA EMAIL ADDRESS. This is the official means of communication at UVA. You received an email after you accepted your offer which contained your UVA computing ID and instructions to set up your account.
- Submit your PRE-ENTRANCE HEALTH FORM (doctor’s signature is required).
- SUBIMT A PHOTO for your UVA Student ID Card by July 25 to have it available for pickup when you arrive on Grounds.
- Check out your HOUSING OPTIONS.
- Pay all TUITION AND FEES unless you are a PhD student receiving full departmental funding. Check with your Graduate Coordinator if you have questions.
- REGISTER for courses (new student enrollment begins July 1). Speak to your Advisor and consult departmental handbooks for guidance on which courses to enroll in.
- Register with Student Disability Access Center if needed. To request academic and/or housing. accommodations based on a disability or medical condition, register with the Student Disability Access Center (SDAC) as soon as possible. To register, go to the SDAC WEBSITE, scroll down, click on the “apply for services” button, and complete the online form. Questions? Contact the Student Disability Access Center at 434.243.5180 or SDAC@VIRGINIA.EDU.
- Sign the UVA PATENT AGREEMENT
- Any person who may be engaged in University Research is required to execute the University’s Patent Agreement and Assignment. You must have activated your email and signed up for Netbadge to complete Patent Agreement.
For International Students:
- Complete all immigration documents for your I-20.
- Refer to the ISO NEWLY ADMITTED STUDENTS webpage and complete checklist.
- Complete International Student ONLINE ORIENTATION.
- REGISTER to take UVELPE test if you were required to send in TOEFL/IELTS scores.