Diversity in the Department of Computer Science
The Computer Science Department at the University of Virginia is committed to an environment where a diversity of capable, inspired individuals congregate, interact and collaborate to learn and advance knowledge without barriers.
We embrace this vision because:
- We wish to be leaders and role models in reaping and sharing the benefits of diversity.
- We seek to enhance the intellectual and creative environment of our department.
- We expect to produce happier, more capable and more broadly educated computer science graduates.
The Diversity Committee is a standing departmental committee that persists from semester to semester. The current members are:
- Luther Tychonievich, Faculty and Chair
- Jim Cohoon, Faculty
- Matt Dwyer, Faculty
- Tom Horton, Faculty
- Samira Khan, Faculty
- Rich Nguyen, Faculty
- Upsorn Praphamontripong, Faculty
- Qingyun Wu, Graduate Student
Please email email@example.com if you have any comments, questions or concerns. Our meetings are public and open to all interested parties; please contact us if you are interested in attending or have information you would like to present.