The ESE Department is offering Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) grants for projects to be completed by August 24th, 2021. There will be either two grants of $3,000 each or one grant for $6,000.
Guidelines for submitting an ESE DEI Community Engagement Grant Request: Due 2/26/21.
The purpose of the ESE DEI Community Engagement Grants is to foster meaningful interaction between members of the ESE community and the host community of the City of Charlottesville and the County of Albemarle. The interaction should address a need in the host community and provide a sustained benefit to the community after the grant-sponsored activity ends.
Each request must be no more than five pages in length, including one page for a letter of support from a partner in the community who will be participating in the project as well as a letter of endorsement from an ESE faculty or staff member who will serve as an advisor for the project.
A suggested outline for the grant request is as follows:
- What do you plan to do and why?
- Describe the community – place, people, key partner(s) for the project.
- Clearly state the need in the community that the project will address.
- How do you plan to do it?
- What is the goal of the project (in terms of addressing the need)?
- What are the objectives for achieving the goal?
- What are the proposed major activities?
- Who will do what – say how you/your team will do the work?
- A brief schedule for the project – End date is 8/31/21.
- What are your expected results?
- A brief budget.
- Letters of support from the community partner and ESE faculty or staff advisor.
Grant requests will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- Feasibility of the project goal and objectives
- Level of community involvement
- Effectiveness of the project at addressing the stated need.
- Coherence and integrity of the plan and schedule.
- Capability/qualifications of the project team to execute the plan.
- Sustainability of the project’s benefit to the community.
Send your ESE-DEI Community Engagement Grant request to the ESE-DEI Committee in care of:
- Michelle Busby – email@example.com
- Arsalan Heydarian – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Courtney Rogers – email@example.com
- Shravan Sreekumar – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Deadline for submitting your grant request is February 26th, 2021. Awards will be announced by March 12th, 2021.