SE Curricula and Policies
Undergraduate Systems Engineering Curricula and Policies
The following policies apply to all Systems Engineering students (both majors and minors):
- A grade of C- or higher must be earned in core systems, computer science, and mathematics courses. The Systems' elective must be a passing grade. The specific list of courses is available here.
- A student must have fourth year standing to participate in the capstone experience. The requirements for having fourth year standing are detailed here.
The following policy applies to transfer students:
- A GPA of 2.0 or higher must be maintained for at least one year to remain in the Systems Engineering program.
Graphical Pre-requisite Layout
- Course dependency if starting at Calculus I
- Course dependency if starting at Calculus II Option #1
- Course dependency if starting at Calculus II Option #2
Text-Based Semester-by-Semester Layout
- Plan of study if starting at Calculus I
- Plan of study if starting at Calculus II Option #1
- Plan of study if starting at Calculus II Option #2
The information contained on this website is for informational purposes only. The Undergraduate Record and Graduate Record represent the official repository for academic program requirements. These publications may be found at www.virginia.edu/registrar/catalog/ugrad.html.