Give to MSE
Your contribution to the MSE Annual Fund, no matter its size, enables the MSE Department to continue to provide exceptional education and produce leaders and innovators in the critical field of materials science and engineering.
Your contributions support our priority areas:
- Materials Science & Engineering Undergraduate Program Fund supports lab equipment, technology and audio-visual equipment for the undergraduate and graduate MSE teaching labs. It provides funds for undergraduate fellowships and supports renovations of the department's public and student areas to improve the overall educational facilities, technology to improve our ability to attract top students.
- Materials Science & Engineering Graduate Program Fellowship Fund provides fellowship-level graduate student support. Our graduate program quality is a hallmark aspect of UVA MSE.
- Nanoscale Materials Characterization Facility (NMCF) Fund supports “one-time” equipment needs, staff support and student training to enable excellence in materials characterization.
- Centers and Cross-Cutting Initiatives in MSE Fund provides support to the following:
- Multifunctional Materials Integration Initiative - supports emerging needs, gaps and opportunities in MMI.
- Soft Materials - supports emerging needs, gaps and opportunities in soft materials.
- Center for Electrochemical Science and Engineering (CESE) - supports visiting scientists, student travel and seed money for the center.
- Additive Manufacturing Fund - supports emerging priorities within the additive manufacturing program.
- Computational Materials Science Fund - supports funding for new computational materials science & engineering needs that support both undergraduate and graduate students as well as research.
- Materials Science & Engineering Outreach and Diversity Fund supports efforts by department faculty and staff to engage in diversity and outreach activities and/or support student recruitment and success from under-represented groups.
- Department of Materials Science & Engineering Chair’s Discretionary Fund supports emerging priorities by enabling the current chair to encourage and promote academic research or faculty ideas. It also supports departmental initiatives that promote academic excellence, including workshops, seminars, visiting premier scientists and technology upgrades.
Giving by Check:
Send your check, made to "UVEF" to:
Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering
PO Box 400745
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4745