Learn about working in construction fields directly from a panel of industry executives, presented by the Department of Engineering Systems and Environment's Construction and Engineering Management program.
The ESE department has partnered with the members of the construction industry to further expand course offerings, increase exposure to the latest technology, bring more practicing professionals into our classrooms, and further connect students directly with career opportunities.
Our panel of executives representing Skanska, Barton Malow, AKG Group, DPR, Clark Construction, Hourigan and Whiting-Turner will discuss the construction engineering and management (CEM) field, current and future challenges facing the industry and diverse opportunities available in the industry. Additionally, you'll get all the details on the new Construction Engineering and Management Program offered at UVA!
Door prizes will be given to four randomly selected attendees who register ahead of the event. RSVP above to register and for Zoom details.
- Bob Myer, Senior Vice President | SKANSKA
- Bradley Lownsbury, Director - Principal | AKF Group
- Daniel Buchta, Vice President – Virginia | Barton Malow
- Matt O’Malley, Preconstruction Leader | DPR
- Lee DeLong, Division President | CLARK CONSTRUCTION
- Todd Bagwell, Vice President – Preconstruction Services | HOURIGAN
- Mike Anderson, Senior Project Manager | Whiting-Turner
NOTE: The date and time of this event has been changed. The event will be held at 3 p.m. Friday, Feb. 5.