About the Program
UVA Engineering’s mission is to make the world a better place by creating and disseminating knowledge, and by preparing engineering leaders to solve global challenges. This fellowship for incoming domestic (U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents) Ph.D. students covers stipend, tuition, fees and health insurance for a full five years of graduate studies.
We will achieve our mission while adhering to our five core values, as follows:
- Societal Impact - Passion for making a positive impact on the world
- Educating Engineering Leaders - Dedication to imbuing students with technical and professional knowledge that is applied with integrity and wisdom, so they are fully prepared to be the leaders of the future
- Innovation - Determination to innovate, create knowledge and lead in teaching and research while abiding by the highest standards of ethics
- Excellence Through Diversity - Commitment to diversity, which we define as excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspectives and lived experiences
- Collegiality - Marked by collaboration, teamwork and support for each other’s success
The Dean’s Scholar Fellowship program is committed to fostering a graduate student body that reflects the UVA Engineering five core values. Domestic (U.S. citizens and permanent residents) applicants who have completed the online UVA Engineering PhD graduate application are eligible to self-nominate for the Dean’s Scholar Fellowship by completing a brief nomination form. Final awardees will receive a fellowship that covers stipend, tuition, fees and health insurance for a full five years of graduate studies.
You must be a domestic Ph.D. (US Citizen and Permanent Resident) applicant to qualify for the program.