Selection and Funding
Clark Scholars Selection
The program aims to identify high-achieving students from diverse backgrounds who are committed to serving their community, exploring the intersections of engineering and business, and leading with a global mindset.
To be eligible* for the UVA Clark Scholars Program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be an incoming first-year student in a UVA Engineering undergraduate program
- Demonstrate financial need, as determined by Student Financial Services
* Students who meet the initial eligibility requirements will receive additional information about participation in the UVA Clark Scholars Program via mail and email.
Funding to Support Programmatic Expenses
The Clark Scholars Program is primarily an enhancement to the UVA Engineering undergraduate degree. The program covers a number of programmatic expenses in support of your Clark Scholars experience. These investments include but are not limited to:
- Tuition, room, and board, programming expenses for the 1st Year Summer Program (6-weeks).
- Experiential learning stipends to support expenses associated with the Clark Scholar Pillars. Examples include:
- Supplemental support for the global experience
- Tuition for McIntire Business Institute certificate
- Supplemental support for professional organization conference attendance