Link Lab Weekly 2022
A weekly digest of updates from the UVA Link Lab in 2022.
December 19, 2022
- Haiying Shen – Named a Distinguished Member of the Association for Computing Machinery
- Brad Campbell - $270k from SRC - Proposal Title: Safe and Secure Operating Systems for Root-of-Trust Silicon
- Matthew L. Bolton - Ergonomics in Design Paper Title: Trust is Not a Virtue: Why We Should Not Trust Trust
- Matthew L. Bolton - IEEE Technology and Society Magazine Paper Title: Humanistic Engineering: Engineering for the People
December 12, 2022
- Nabeel Nasir - Awarded the UVA Engineering Teaching Fellowship for Spring 2023. Will be co-teaching Wireless for Internet of Things (CS 4501) with Prof. Brad Campbell.
- Nurani Saoda – Awarded the Link Lab Student Seminar Award and presented her research on "Broadening the Capabilities of Self-Powered Energy-Harvesting Systems".
- Mircea Stan – Keynote Speaker - NILES 2022 conference in Cairo, Egypt
- Hongyu Miao and Felix Lin – Best Paper Award – Conference: 7th ACM/IEEE Symposium on Edge Computing Paper Title: "Towards Out-of-core Neural Networks on Microcontrollers"
December 5, 2022
- Jack Stankovic - Keynote Speaker at CPS/IOT Week
- Jack Stankovic - Keynote Speaker at IEEE RTSS 2022
- Jack Stankovic - Keynote Speaker at World Organization for Science Literacy
In the News
November 28, 2022
- Mehrdad Shafiei Dizaji - Journal: Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing Journal Paper Title: A hybrid-attention-ConvLSTM-
based deep learning architecture to extract modal frequencies from limited data using transfer learning
November 21, 2022
- Md Fazlay Rabbi Masum Billah, Nurani Saoda, Victor Ariel Leal Sobral, Tushar Routh, Wenpeng Wang, Bradford Campbell. Conference: The 9th ACM International Conference on Systems for Energy-Efficient Built Environments (BuildSys 2022) Paper Title: SolarWalk: Smart Home Occupant Identification using Unobtrusive Indoor Photovoltaic Harvesters
- Md Fazlay Rabbi Masum Billah, Md Mofijul Islam, Nurani Saoda, Tariq Iqbal, Bradford Campbell. Conference: The 20th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys 2022) Poster Abstract: Fusing Computer Vision and Wireless Signal for Accurate Sensor Localization in AR View
- Nurani Saoda, Md Fazlay Rabbi Masum Billah, Victor Ariel Leal Sobral, Bradford Campbel. Conference: Fifth International SenSys+BuildSys Workshop on Data: Acquisition to Analysis (DATA’22) Paper Title: SolarWalk Dataset: Occupant Identification using Indoor Photovoltaic Harvester Output Voltage
- Sumanth Kamineni, Arvind Sharma, Ramesh Harjani, Sachin S. Sapatnekar, Benton H. Calhoun. Conference: Design, Automation and Test in Europe Conference (DATE), 2023 Paper Title: AuxcellGen: A Framework for Autonomous Generation of Analog and Memory Unit Cells.
November 7, 2022
- Alec Menzer, Faysal Hossain Shezan, Gigi Pavur, Md Fazlay Rabbi Masum Billah, Md Mofijul Islam, Sirat Samyoun, Tushar Routh – were awarded the UVA Engineering Endowed Graduate Fellowship.
- Ben Calhoun – was awarded the Thornton Society Invention of the Year Award for his patented ultra-low power sensing platform.
- Tomo Furukawa – has been named UVA Engineering’s new director of experiential learning.
October 31, 2022
In the News
- Barry Johnson - Barry Johnson Pursues Passion for Technology Innovation in New National Science Foundation Directorate
- Jack Stankovic was invited to present the Plenary Speech at the Real-Time Systems Symposium (RTSS) this coming December.
October 24, 2022
- Wenqiang (Winston) Chen, Jack Stankovic – won the Best Paper Award from ACM Mobicom S3 Workshop 2022
October 17, 2022
In the News
- Mircea Stan – Degree Program’s Interdisciplinary Research Presents Exciting Opportunities for Faculty and Students
- Jack Stankovic – has been elected as a new member of Virginia Academy of Science, Engineering, and Medicine