Bruker Invenio-S FTIR Spectrometer
Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy for chemical analysis
Location: Jesser Hall 162
Bruker Invenio-S FTIR spectrometer for compound identification and the determination of sample chemistry/molecular bonding for solids, films, powders, liquids, and suspensions.
Bruker FTIR Technique Summary:
Nondestructive interferometric compositional measurement of molecular vibrational modes
Minimal or no sample preparation required
Single-reflection attenuated total reflectance (ATR) for measurement of surface properties of solids, thin film samples (approx. 0.5-2 microns), and liquids
- Transmission spectroscopy for characterization of IR-transparent films
- Diffuse reflectance spectroscopy with Pike Technologies EasyDiff accessory for compositional analysis of powders and rough surfaces
OPUS 8.0 integrated evaluation, data processing (identification and quantification) and report generation software with spectral library
Variable spot size: 0.25 - 8 mm diameter
Bruker Invenio-S FTIR Features:
Spectral range of 8000 - 350 cm-1 with resolution 0.4 - 256 cm-1 (adjustable)
MIR Globar with CenterGlow IR source, KBr windows, and high-sensitivity temperature-controlled DLaTGS-detector
Aluminum mirrors for future expansion to UV-Vis
Wavenumber accuracy: < 0.01 cm-1 @ 1,554 cm-1
Repeatability: < 0.0005 cm-1 @ 1,554 cm-1
- Photometric accuracy: < 0.1%
- Scan speed: 6 velocities; 1.4 - 51 mm/sec opd
- Aquisition rate: up to 25 spectra per second @16 cm-1 resolution
- Integrated reference materials and automated test routines.
- Compliant with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) requirements.
- Sample Compartment Size: 25.5 (W) x 27 cm (D) x 22.5 cm (H)