Zeiss Discovery V8 Digital Steromicroscope
Imaging at 25-200x by reflected or transmitted light with cross-polarizer and integrated camera
Location: Jesser Hall 162
The Zeiss Stereo Discovery V8 Steromicroscope provides nondestructive optical imaging via transmitted or reflected light, with cross polarizers for inspection and analysis of material surfaces of all kinds. A long focal length objective allows easy sample manipulation under the microscope. Magnification from 25-200x. 4k (8-megapixel) camera captures high resolution images.
Zeiss Stereo Microscope Details:
- Plan-Achromat S 1.0x objective with 25x/10mm eyepieces
- 25-200x total zoom range
- 81mm forward working distance
- Transmitted light base with slidable/rotatable mirror
- Brightfield, darkfield, and oblique LED illumination
- Polarizer and analyzer for cross-polarization
- VisiLED advanced ringlight kit with controller, polarizer set, and diffusor
- Axiocam 208 color documentation camera - 4K/UHD (8-megapixel) camera designed for high-resolution imaging
- Zen Blue Software for image or video capture and processing
Zeiss uses Zen Blue Software for imaging and processing. A quitck guide for Zen can be downloaded from Sharepoint with Duo Login credentials. A video tutorial for Zen Blue can also be found on YouTube.