March 20, 2020
Here are some things to know about UVA's and UVA Engineering's novel coronavirus response.
- Free Tutoring for Students – UVA Engineering’s free, 1-1 tutoring is now updated online! Students can set up a Zoom meeting (video or phone call) by visiting our Undergraduate Tutoring web page. Special thanks to the Office of Undergraduate Education for making this happen.
- UVA Engineering Career Services for Graduate and Undergraduate Students – The Center for Engineering Career Development team sent this message to graduate students and this message to undergraduate students on Friday, March 20, about accessing important career services and resources in the coming weeks.
- For Employees, New Resources - Two new learning courses (Leading Your Team Virtually and Acclimating to Remote Work) are now available in Workday. Read more here about how to access them.
- From the UVA Engineering Novel Coronavirus Blog – “From BME Grad Students: Ideas for Community in the Age of Remote Study;” “Coronavirus Coping from a UVA Alumnus;” and, shared by Executive Dean Pamela M. Norris, “ASEE Engineering Research Council Shares Research Continuity Ideas.”
- #WeAreUVAEngineering – Don’t forget we’re looking for positive-news stories including:
- Stories you could share about fellow students, faculty or staff doing something interesting or great or supportive for online instruction or for remote teamwork.
- Stories about people going the extra mile to help each other.
- Personal stories of what are you doing to make life fun and interesting for yourself or your families at this challenging time.
Send us your stories on this online form. You can upload photos or short (20 seconds or less) videos. (Yes, photos and short videos of the quality time you’re spending with your cats and dogs are welcome!) We’ll share your stories on our social media channels (#WeAreUVAEngineering) and on our website.
- Continuity Information from UVA Engineering Departments – The Department of Chemical Engineering has posted its novel coronavirus continuity page: https://engineering.virginia.edu/chemical-engineering-department-continuity-information. Other departments have similar pages. Check your department’s homepage.
Where to Find and Keep Track of News and Information – UVA Engineering’s novel coronavirus web page archives our school mass e-mail communications related to COVID-19 and includes links to the University’s sites. You can find this page from the Engineering School’s homepage at engineering.virginia.edu. We’ve also got a new blog with updates, news and tips: https://engineering.virginia.edu/uva-engineering-novel-coronavirus-news-digest.