Soon-to-be-Dr. Jared Rifkin hails from Long Island, NY. Deciding that he could not attend university in his own backyard at Stony Brook, Jared transferred to the University of Pennsylvania. It is here that he fell into his current passions for research and traumatic brain injury (TBI). At Penn, Jared worked with Dr. David Meaney, studying a range of topics from tools to relate brain deformation to injury, to network neuroscience, to modeling neural dynamics. Currently, Stb Dr. Rifkin is a graduate research assistant with Dr. Matthew Panzer. His primary research focus is on the vascular side of TBI.
- BSE in Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania (2019)
- MSE in Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania (2019)
- Traumatic brain injury, injury biomechanics, network neuroscience, cerebrovasculature
- A Multibody Model for Predicting Spatial Distribution of Human Brain Deformation Following Impact Loading. J Biomech Eng. 2020; 142(9): 091015.
- Watching football, playing football, fantasy football, coffee