- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil Engineering) – AC College of Engineering and Technology, Karaikudi, India (2013-2017)
- Master of Science by Research – Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India. (2018-2021)
- Injury biomechanics
- Blast physics
- Fluid Structure Interaction
- Shyam, S., Alagappan, P., 2021 “Biomechanical Analysis of Head Subjected to Blast Waves and the Role of Combat Protective Headgear under Blast Loading – A Review,” Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, ASME. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4051047
- Shyam, S., Alagappan, P., Yousaf, S., Rajesh, G., 2020 “Shock Wave Propagation in the Gap between Combat Helmet-Head Assembly,” 7th International Conference Integrity-Reliability-Failure, IRF 2020 proceedings. https://paginas.fe.up.pt/~irf/Proceedings_IRF2020/data/papers/17429.pdf
- Shyam, S., Alagappan, P., 2020 “Ballistic Impact on Polyurea Coated Concrete Plates,” 6th National Symposium on Shock Waves, NSSW 2020 proceedings.
- Kaviarasu, K., Shyam, S., Alagappan, P., 2022 “Design Guidelines for Development of Blast Wave Simulators,” International Conference on Materials, Mechanics, and Structures ICMMS 2022 Proceedings.
- Soccer, cycling, volleyball