Bronislaw Gepner, PhD
Bronislaw Gepner received his Master of Science degree from the Warsaw University of Technology in Civil Engineering in the spring of 2009. For two years, during his Master’s program he worked as a structural engineer in the Pro-Invest structural design office in Warsaw, Poland. In the fall of 2009 he entered the PhD program at the Florida State University. Until October 2014, he worked as a research assistant at the Crashworthiness and Impact Analysis Laboratory supervised by Dr. Jerry Wekezer and was assigned to work on the “Crashworthiness Evaluation of Paratransit Buses” Florida Department of Transportation project. During his PhD program most of his work pertained to the Finite Element Analysis related to paratransit bus safety. In October 2014, Dr. Gepner joined the research team at the Center for Applied Biomechanics, where his work focuses on finite element modeling, numerical support of experiments, and massively parallel computing. His areas of interest are occupant safety, human body modeling and vehicle crashworthiness.
- PhD in Civil Engineering – Florida State University
- MS in Civil Engineering – Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
- Computational/finite element modeling
- Vehicle Safety and Crashworthiness
- Occupant safety
- Human body modeling
- Effectiveness of ECE R66 and FMVSS 220 standards in rollover crashworthiness assessment of paratransit buses, International Journal of Automotive Technology, vol. 15, no. 4, 581-591.
- Comparison of ECE-R66 and FMVSS 220 Tests for a Selected Paratransit Bus. TRB 2011, Paper: 11-1802.
- A User-Centered Literature Review of Safety and Human Factors Issues Involving Older Adults as Cutaway Bus Passengers, TRB 2015, Paper: 15-2273.
- Roof crush resistance and rollover strength of a paratransit bus. In Proceedings of the 8th European LS-DYNA User’s Conference. 2012.
- Development of simplified safety assessment procedure for paratransit buses. Computer Methods in Mechanics, 2011.
- Kiteboarding, Sailing, Mountain Biking, Skiing, Squash, Outdoors