A variety of ROMAC software is available to ROMAC Industrial Research Program members. Both software packages and individual codes are available for the analysis of balancing, bearings, critical speeds, forced response, seals, stability, lateral transient, and torsional transient rotordynamics. The primary software package available to members which combines many of these analyses through an easy-to-use interface is RotorLab+.
RotorLab+ 4.2 now available
The latest version of our primary software suite (v4.2) includes the following new features and enhancements:
– Multi-level shaft capabilities are now available.
– A new multi-level shaft Turbine Engine example project is now available.
– Full bearing coefficients calculated by THPAD and MAXBRG tilting pad bearing analyses can now be directly linked into Damped Mode Shapes Analyses.
– Shaft auto-meshing can now be toggled on/off.
– Individual components in both Assembly and API models can now be quickly enabled and disabled via checkboxes.
– Log dec vs. cross-coupled stiffness analysis and plots are now available in the Assembly Workspace Damped Mode Shapes Analysis.
– Flexible support cross-talk has been added for Forstab Damped Mode Shapes Analyses.
– Improvements to shaft model visualizations and new visualization options.
– User manuals for all codes in RotorLab+ are now available via the Help Menu.
– General improvements to overall program stability.
v4.1 included the following new features and enhancements:
– New built-in materials for rotor models.
– New Response Summary output for API analyses.
– New “Real” Probe feature for API analyses.
– Enhancements to plots and plotting options in all analyses.
– Bug fixes for disk handling options, API Forced Response analyses, and other minor bugs reported in v4.0.
– Improvements to analysis speeds and overall program stability.
See the below figure for more information on features added in the last major upgrade to the program, v4.0, including the API Spec Check Workspace. This workspace provides users with the ability to perform API audits in accordance with API 617 8th Ed., including automated runs of bearing and rotordynamic analyses for minimum and maximum design specifications as well as flexible graphing capabilities.
Our legacy graphical user interface RotorGUI is also available to members which provides easy access to 25 ROMAC codes for bearing, seal, and rotordynamic analysis.
Lists of ROMAC Software:
On-line Catalog of all ROMAC Computer Codes (Code downloads for members)