OPRA's New Submission Deadline Policy - Effective October 8, 2018
The final Administrative Components of a grant application are due to SEAS Office of Pre-Award Research Administration (OPRA - email@example.com) no less than five business days prior to the sponsor’s deadline. The final Technical Components of the application are then due no less than two business days prior to the sponsor’s deadline. These components are described below.
Administrative Components – due no less than 5 business days prior to the sponsor’s deadline
- Title (Final)
- Project Summary Overview or Abstract (Draft)
- Detailed budget and justification (Final)
- Current & Pending (if applicable)
- Collaborators and Other Affiliations Template (NSF Specific)
- Appropriate Administrative documents for all external participating institutions:
- Consortium Agreement signed by the Consortium Institution’s Authorized Official
- Statement of Work
- Budget Justification
- Institutional Letters of Support
- Completed, approved UVA Proposal Routing Form (ePRF)
- Completed sponsor application package (except for the Technical Components defined below)
Technical Components - due no less than 2 business days prior to the sponsor’s deadline
- Final Project Summary / Abstract
- Complete Final Project Description / Research Plan
- Complete Final References
- Any additional specific technical sections for the particular program (for example, some require a 1 slide technical overview)
Compliance with this policy assumes that all submitted Components are final and complete except for changes requested by Grants and Contracts staff. Applications that fail to meet these requirements will require written permission from the Executive Dean or designee for the proposal to be reviewed and submitted by OPRA.
To request an exception, the PI shall send an email to the Director of Engineering Research Administration, Stephen Cornelison, copying the Associate Dean of Research, Susan Barker, his/her department chair and OPRA (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Subject Line shall read: “URGENT: Late Proposal Exception Needed.” In the body of the email, please provide a detailed justification for the request for an exception along with a brief description of the proposal (title, sponsor, amount requested, importance, list of participants). Generally, exceptions will be granted for extraordinary circumstances, such as illness or family emergencies.