Free, On-Demand Tutoring
UVA Engineering provides free, scheduled on-demand tutoring with student tutors. This service is a great supplement to class and office hours. We recommend you use tutoring early and often. Whether you're trying to catch up or get ahead, complete homework or study for a test, on-demand tutoring can help.
Links to scheduled tutoring sessions will be posted by the second week of each semester, and tutoring is provided through the last day of classes.
Due to the University's transition to online instruction, all tutoring appointments will be conducted remotely for the rest of the semester. Tutoring sessions will be offered by 1:1 appointments on the web conference tool, Zoom. Steps to set up an online tutoring session can be found below:
- Step 1: Choose the class you would like tutoring for and select a tutor.
- Step 2: You will be directed to their Booking page. Select the time and date that works for you.
- Step 3: Make note of the tutor’s Zoom link in their bio. This zoom link will also be provided in the email confirmation after you book an appointment.
- Step 4: Join this Zoom link on the time and date of your meeting.
- Step 5: If you do not have access to an internet connection, please include this in the comments when you complete your Tutor's booking form. Your tutor will then reach out to share their Zoom phone dial in, so you may join via phone instead of internet.
Tutoring not offered for your class? Having trouble getting a tutor? Need special assistance? Let us know by completing the form linked below, and we'll look into it! Please keep in mind that we need two weeks’ notice to hire a new tutor.