We are committed to being national leaders in computing educational research and practice that improves the experiences and outcomes of all students of computing at the university and beyond.
About the Center
The Center for Innovation in Computing Education and Outreach (CompEdCenter) was officially founded in early 2018. The main goals of the CompEdCenter are to bring together all of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) efforts, innovative course management tools, and the many years of experience of the UVA computing faculty to enhance our impact at UVA, in Virginia, and around the world.
Join the Center
Currently, the CompEdCenter is in its initial growth phase, recruiting faculty and projects to join the center. If you are interested in becoming a part of the center, please fill out this form or contact the CompEdCenter Director, Mark Sherriff, for more information!
- Mark Sherriff (Center Director; Computer Science)
- Jenny Chiu (Curry School of Education)
- Joanne Dugan (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- Gianluca Guadagni (Applied Mathematics)
- Tom Horton (Computer Science)
- Upsorn Praphamontripong (Computer Science)
- Luther Tychonievich (Computer Science)
- Summer Online Teaching Discussion - Wednesdays from June 24 through July 29