Supporting Research Plans and Strategies
The Office of Research Development supports the development of research plans and strategies; offers training and coaching in communicating research; and serves as the interface for UVA Engineering corporate relations.
The office provides:
- Research development resources (UVA login required)
- Strategic advice on funding opportunities
- Support for major proposal development
- Early career faculty research strategy development
- Workshops and coaching for communicating research to general audiences
- Corporate relations
The Director of Research Development, Dr. Kristen Jordan, collaborates with UVA Engineering leadership to provide strategic research guidance to faculty. In addition, Dr. Jordan serves as UVA Engineering's representative for ResearchNet in the UVA Office of the Vice President for Research, working closely with research development colleagues across UVA.
The Director of Corporate Relations serves as the primary point of contact for research-related corporate interactions. Mr. Ralston works closely with colleagues in UVA Engineering Career Services and UVA Engineering Advancement, as well as with corporate relations professionals across UVA.