Center for Engineering Career Development
The Center for Engineering Career Development's mission is to help engineering students achieve their highest aspirations and become the next generation of global engineering leaders.
We prepare our students to make smart, strategic career decisions throughout their professional lives. We provide professional advising and counseling aimed at building their understanding of job search and career self-management processes. We help students identify their strengths and interests so they gain confidence and competence as they plan for their future. We also help connect them with prospective employers. Our services are available to engineering students at all academic levels.
The responsibilities of the Center for Engineering Career Development include:
- Assisting students in identifying their strengths and interests to help them gain confidence and competence as they plan for their future
- Hosting career fairs, workshops and seminars
- Helping students build their professional skills, such as resume-writing, interviewing and building a solid online profile
- Connecting students with internship opportunities and post-graduation opportunities such as graduate school
- Working with graduate students on professional development activities
- Making connections with engineering alumni
- Building relationships with prospective employers