Office of Engineering International Programs
Studying abroad ranks among the most profoundly transformative experiences available to a 19- to 21-year-old undergraduate student.
Engineering International Programs will be conducting all of its office advising and study abroad events online via Zoom. Details for these office hours are down below. If there is an area of concern and you need to speak to someone directly, you can contact us on our cell phone or make an appointment via email.
Our office will also be open on Wednesdays from 8:30-12:30pm for in-person advising.
Engineering International Programs
Program Director - Dana Elzey Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineering International Programs Advisor - Maya Drake Email: email@example.com Phone: 202-412-1343
The University of Virginia and UVA Engineering have compiled a significant number of RESOURCES FOR STUDENTS, FACULTY, STAFF AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS REGARDING THE UNIVERSITY'S RESPONSE TO COVID-19.
Study Abroad Advising Hours (Recurring)
Advisor: Maya Drake
Time: Mondays 12-1pm
Join Zoom Meeting: https://virginia.zoom.us/j/96396144049?pwd=UDlrVUl0NGo3TCs4eFVudEZydXJTQT09
Meeting ID: 963 9614 4049
Peer Advising Hours (Recurring)
Peer Advisor: Victoria Annen
Time: Wednesdays 2-3pm
Join Zoom Meeting: https://virginia.zoom.us/j/99567291439?pwd=cUZjTXI0M0xOc1lUYiszblEydENaQT09
Meeting ID: 995 6729 1439
Our goal is to enable every UVA Engineering undergraduate student to obtain a significant international experience. School of Engineering International Programs offers information, advising and logistical support to engineering students interested in study, work or service learning abroad.
Here are just a few examples of the things students can do:
- Work with an NGO partner in an underdeveloped community in Nicaragua to engineer a water filtration system providing families access to clean drinking water
- Join a group of UVA engineering and commerce students to design a solution for an industry client in Argentina
- Take all third-semester engineering and math courses in Valencia, Spain (in English!)
- Spend a month during the summer exploring German engineering through site visits to Mercedes-Benz, Bosch, the Max Planck Institutes, and university research labs
- Spend eight to ten weeks in Tokyo working on a research project under the supervision of a Japanese professor