Office of Engineering International Programs
Studying abroad ranks among the most profoundly transformative experiences available to a 19- to 21-year-old undergraduate student.
Due to the Novel Coronavirus emergency, Engineering International Programs is working remotely in order to protect the health and safety of our community. To answer any education abroad questions or concerns, please feel free to reach us during normal business hours.
Program Director - Dana Elzey
Engineering International Programs Advisor - Maya Drake
The University of Virginia and UVA Engineering have compiled a significant number of RESOURCES FOR STUDENTS, FACULTY, STAFF AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS REGARDING THE UNIVERSITY'S RESPONSE TO COVID-19.
Our goal is to enable every UVA Engineering undergraduate student to obtain a significant international experience. School of Engineering International Programs offers information, advising and logistical support to engineering students interested in study, work or service learning abroad.
Here are just a few examples of the things students can do:
- Work with an NGO partner in an underdeveloped community in Nicaragua to engineer a water filtration system providing families access to clean drinking water
- Join a group of UVA engineering and commerce students to design a solution for an industry client in Argentina
- Take all third-semester engineering and math courses in Valencia, Spain (in English!)
- Spend a month during the summer exploring German engineering through site visits to Mercedes-Benz, Bosch, the Max Planck Institutes, and university research labs
- Spend eight to ten weeks in Tokyo working on a research project under the supervision of a Japanese professor