Office of Engineering International Programs
Studying abroad ranks among the most profoundly transformative experiences available to a 19- to 21-year-old undergraduate student.
Our goal is to enable every UVA Engineering undergraduate student to obtain a significant international experience. School of Engineering International Programs offers information, advising and logistical support to engineering students interested in study, work or service learning abroad.
Here are just a few examples of the things students can do:
- Work with an NGO partner in an underdeveloped community in Nicaragua to engineer a water filtration system providing families access to clean drinking water
- Join a group of UVA engineering and commerce students to design a solution for an industry client in Argentina
- Take all third-semester engineering and math courses in Valencia, Spain (in English!)
- Spend a month during the summer exploring German engineering through site visits to Mercedes-Benz, Bosch, the Max Planck Institutes, and university research labs
- Spend eight to ten weeks in Tokyo working on a research project under the supervision of a Japanese professor