Minor in Computer Science

Declaring a Minor in CS

Any undergraduate student in the university who has completed CS 2100 with a C- or higher can apply for the minor. To apply for the minor, complete and submit the Engineering School’s MINOR APPLICATION FORM via DocuSign.  

The Computer Science minor requires credit for six CS courses as described in the UNDERGRADUATE RECORD.    

Any student who has not declared but is able to complete all of the requirements for a minor in Computer Science before graduation will be awarded the minor if they submit the minor request form at the beginning of their graduation semester.  

BS in Computer Engineering majors: When the CpE program was created, it was decided by the two departments that CpE students could not declare the minor in CS. Because the CpE combines CS and EE, graduates with this degree will automatically have the equivalent of the minor in CS.   

The information contained on this website is for informational purposes only.  The Undergraduate Record and Graduate Record represent the official repository for academic program requirements. These publications may be found here.